Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Relaxing Evening

After a long day at work, I am excited to have to opportunity to watch a nice movie on TV tonight. I had seen the preview for it earlier this week, but did not pay attention as to what channel, date or time. My wife reminded me of the movie as we were finishing up dinner (have I ever mentioned how much I love this woman?)

I had been told of a short book about a year ago and thought it sounded good. The book is by Mitch Albom and titled The 5 People You Meet in Heaven. It is a short read, probably 20-30 minutes. If you get a chance to read it, I highly recommend it.

It shows how everything that we do in our lives, will somehow impact someone elses life. There are always those obvious times when we help/hurt someone or confront someone, but its easy to forget about all the times we do things that we never realized the impact it may have had. Not only the immediate impact on a person's life, but also how that impacts the people that they encounter in their lives.

It reminds me of how great it will be when we get to heaven and get that chance to see how and why everything happened in our lives. Why I broke my collar bone when I was 5....why I broke it again when I was 30......why I have a fruit allergy.......why I met John Cougar at a bar 10 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home