Friday, December 10, 2004

Amphibious Date...and other musings

Tonight we are taking the boys to the Children's Theatre Company for their presentation of A Year With Frog and Toad.

We have spent the last couple of weeks reading the books to help them understand a little more about what to expect. A year ago we took them to see Dora - Live on Stage! and they had an incredible time. They talked about that show for weeks. I do have to admit that I was drawn into the show and was caught waving my arms and trying to catch the stars. Of course, it was all to help encourage the boys. ;)


I had another PC issue the other night. Actually, it was the same problem that I had before. This time, instead of jumping the gun and possibly causing more problems, I took the family to the library to get some books and so I could use their Internet access to do some searching on the problem I was having. I found some information that was helpful, but still didn't seem to fully explain a solution to my problem. I am beginning to think that there is a major problem with the hard drive in my mother's PC. Fortunately, a simple boot into XP's Recovery Mode and simple FIXBOOT command was all it took to get me back on track. Still unable to back-up the data that is on her hard drive, so that will have to wait until another day.

I went to bed last evening with visions of waking up to a covering of snow. The forecast said "several inches". I would love to be able to be that vague in my job and still be considered competent. As I sprang from my bed this morning and pressed my nose against the window, I was greeted by brown grass and mud. This IS Minnesota, isn't it?!?!?!?!?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home