Friday, October 01, 2004

Huh??? Did I mis something?

I was crusing out on eBay yesterday afternoon and I remember someone had told me that there were some Gmail addresses that had a pretty high asking price. I went an checked it out, but decided I was not interested in paying $1,000.00 for magicjohnson@gmail.com

I noticed that people were selling Invites as well. They seemed to be going for around $.25. I have about 6 of them, so I thought I would save some people the hastle of the quarter and send some emails to people who had been outbid asking them if they were still interested in a Gmail invite and that I would send them one for free. Here was one of the responses I received:

eBay Buyer: Why do you want to give me an invite when you can sell on eBay?

Me: I could sell them - but I received mine for free along with a bunch of invites. I saw that you were looking to buy one so I thought I would get you an invite for free. Its yours if you are interested

eBay Buyer: Thanks anyway. I will pass. It takes the fun out of eBay.


Is it just me, or am I missing something here? I guess I should keep this guys name handy in case I am looking to sell some stuff to a sucker.


1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger antiSWer said...

What a maroon!

I thought the fun of ebay was finding some wonderful deal on something that you've always wanted. But to spend money for no freaking reason? WTF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home