Friday, September 10, 2004

Back it up.....

Almost a week has passed since our excursion to the State Fair, and I haven't even posted anything about it.

Well, first we can talk about how much a freak I am. For a little surpirse when we got to the fair, I gave everyone little checklists that I had made for each of us (I even laminated them :) ). It listed all of our favorite foods from the fair along with the places that we had mentioned that we had wanted to visit. Okay, lets be serious about this. This was one of the funniest ideas ever. I got both the eye-roll and the head shake when I presented my wife with hers. Oh well, I enjoyed putting them together.

We arrived around 10:30 in the morning and immediately found our way to a Foot Long Hot Dog stand. The visit to the fair must ALWAYS begin with one of these smothered in fried onions. It creates a nice buffer in the belly. We spent the majority of the day zig-zagging our way around the grounds heading to different foods that were on the lists.

I had the boys walking for the first part of the day, I figured I would let them get worn out before we had to rent a wagon to pull them around. They made it until about 1:00. I was impressed. We did a TON of walking and it was in the mid-80's with very little breeze. Although I foungd it humorous that once we had the wagon, all they wanted to do was fight over who was going to get to pull it. I should have taken advantage of that and grabbed a ride.

We did have a couple of humorous moments, oddly 2 of them took place in the bathroom. Jacob, my 4 year old, went into a stall and locked the door. For some unknown reason, he was unable to get it unlocked when he was finished. I can image the sight we caused as he is yelling at me that he is stuck and I am yelling back instructions on how to unlock the door. We were finally able to rescue him when he decided it was easier to just crawl out from underneath. I guess I should be happy that he went under the door and not under each of the other stalls. The other incident came late in the day as we were preparing to leave. Joshua, the 3 year old, needed to go. I assumed this was the case as he stood next to me grabbing himself and telling me, "the pee is coming, the pee is coming". We made our way to the bathroom and they had only 2 stall, both of which were occupied, and a long trough. This was not what I wanted to see. We have not worked on the art of standing up yet. I have been happy with my bathroom being clean and had decided that I wanted to keep it that way. Oh well, no biggie, we should be able to do this. Joshua is the more outgoing of the 2, so I figured the odds were in my favor that this was going to be no big deal. I am sure that would have been the case if the trough didn't come up to his belly button. I wish someone would have taken a picture. Here I am, holding my son up, his shorts around his ankles, his flicking toy high enough to now be able to hit its designated target. Now that I think about it, that would be a pretty neat fountain :)

All-in-all, we had an awesome time. I left feeling overly-full, and my legs were incredibly tired. For some strange reason, when I got home, I was starving again.

Gott love the fair.


At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg...!!! The laminated lists!!!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all month!!!!

You are a freak. :)



Post a Comment

<< Home