Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Missed opportunity.....

I just got a message from my wife that she is getting together with some other mothers and their children today at Chuck E. Cheese. I know that this does not seem like that big of a deal, although it is the Mecca of eating establishmets for children, in our area. My boys, 3 and 4, have asked a couple of times before if we could go there to eat. Most often they ask after we have seen the commercial on TV or if we are driving near it. It is not a place that I first think of if we are looking to go out to eat, so the opportunites to go there were not many. I had, however, always looked forward to seeing the looks on thier faces as they walked in the door and were overwhelmed with sounds and lights and games and kids. My boys have not led an incredibly sheltered life, but we have worked with them on understanding the differences between needs and wants. It has always been a pleasant treat to walk through the toy store and have my boys ask me if they can play with a particular item. They do not put up a fight or start whining when asked to put the item back either. That was a battle that I wanted to make sure that we would ot face. I remember once going to the store with my nephews, who were 5 and 2 at the time. This was an adventure that tested my patience and must have raised my blood pressure 100 points. Sometimes you forget how good your children are and at times take it for granted. The nephews always helped me to remember that we had set the bar higher in our family for a reason and I was all the happier for it. As I was saying, I am a little disappointed that I will miss out on todays adventure. I cannot wait to get home tonight and have them tell me all about it.


~God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home